If you fancy making your own, here is our easy peasy version of this insanely delicious Bacon Jam.
This delicious savoury jam laden with sweet, spicy notes is the perfect addition to your condiment cupboard and will jazz anything up to top tasting levels.
Spread it thickly on chunks of cheese and toast, add as a relish to a good old burger or drip it over a healthy avocado wrap. It pretty much accompanies anything whether a simple baked potato or a fancy shellfish starter.
Or if you prefer to buy it see (Bite: Latest and Greatest)
500g bacon diced
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
60g brown sugar
100 ml maple syrup
40 ml balsamic vinegar
250ml freshly brewed coffee
1 fresh red chilli finely chopped
Sprinkle of Thyme
- Sauté the bacon over a medium heat until starting to brown.
- Transfer to paper towels to remove as much fat as possible.
- Remove bacon and fry the onion in the bacon fat until softening but not coloured.
- Add garlic and chillies for a minute or two.
- Replace bacon and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer gently for one hour until the mixture has the texture of a chunky jam.
- Add a little water if the mixture looks too stiff.
- Will keep in fridge for about 4 weeks if there is the slightest possibility you have any left…..