Need a quick side for Boxing Day? Then look no further as these delicious bubble ‘n’ squeak inspired baked potatoes are the business. They are brilliant for using up left overs, simple to make and absolutely delicious to eat. These also look suitably festive on a loaded buffet table.
What You Need
- Baked Potatoes (I per person)
- Bacon Slices (1-2 per person)
- Left over Brussel Sprouts
- Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Rub the baked potatoes with Olive Oil and Sea Salt and cook for 1 hour until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
- In the meantime, grill the bacon until crisp, take out of the oven and cool. When cold, crumble into medium sized pieces into a bowl.
- When the potatoes are cooked, slash open and add a knob of butter and season. Use a fork to fluff the insides.
- Peel the cooked brussel sprouts and pop the leaves into a pan with a tiny bit of butter to warm through.
- Add a spoonful of sour cream, grated cheese, brussels sprout leaves and crumbled bacon to the top of each potato.
- Top with another sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- Pop back into the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.