Perfect for Pancake Day or let’s be honest, any day, these tasty layered mini pancake treats are a cheats dream. They are the ideal size for little mouths and well, big ones likes ours.
Of course, if you so desire you can make your own mini pancakes and they will no doubt be fluffier and lighter but they will also be slower and messier. We like cheating and we’re not ashamed to admit it.
These sweet treats could also make a perfect sweet canapé.
What You Need
- 1 packet of Blinis (of course you can make your own mini pancakes but the idea is to CHEAT)
- 1 punnet of Strawberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Nutella or other hazelnut spread
- Chocolate sauce (again cheat and use a ready made one unless you feel strongly about it)
- Icing sugar (for dusting)
- 1 packet of cocktail sticks
- Heat oven to 160C.
- Pop blinis on a oven tray and cook them for a few minutes until they are warm and bouncy .
- Spread with Nutella or chocolate spread of choice.
- Place a cut strawberry on top of the chocolate blini and repeat ending with a blini.
- Hold together with a cocktail stick through the middle to stop them sliding around.
- Spinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve with a chocolate dipping sauce and fresh strawberries or they are perfectly delicious just on their own.
The combination of pancake, chocolate and strawberry is a tried and tested combo but it is the fact that they are so easy to make that is the cherry on top…..