In truth, this chicken and avocado burrito should probably sit somewhere between recipes and mini-bites as there is not an awful lot of skill involved. Instead, it involves piling a selection of scrumptious ingredients into a wrap to make a gorgeously gooey, overstuffed burrito. This makes a perfect lunch or a light supper and is a great option when you are busy. Depending on how adventurous your kids are, it also makes a healthy and delicious children’s tea.
- 2 large tortillas slightly warmed
- 1/3 left over cooked chicken, sliced ( or a small breast per person if you want to make it from scratch)
- 1 large avocado
- I large handful of mature cheddar cheese
- I bunch of coriander, chopped roughly
- 1 dollop of sour cream
- Pile the shredded chicken, sliced avocado, chopped coriander and grated cheese into a the centre of a warm tortilla.
- Assemble the wrap by turning each two sides over simultaneously and then rolling it tightly to make a parcel.
- Heat griddle pan with a drop of seasame oil and wait until oil glistens with the heat.
- Place burrito fold side down and cook for a couple of minutes on this side before flipping it over until it is nicely charred with the ridges from the pan.
- Cut and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
TIP: Burritos can be frozen cooked or uncooked for up to 3 months.