Adults and kids will all go crazy for this delicious chicken recipe. As a one-pan-wonder, it’s not only super-easy but light on the washing up. So that’s supper sorted!
Of course, if you want to be really flash you can make your own pesto – but really, who has the time?
Recipe serves a generous 4.
Takes 10 minutes to prep and 35-40 minutes to cook.
4 plump chicken breasts
2 mozzarella cheese balls sliced
2 Large tomatoes
1/2 jar of basil pesto
12 new potatoes (or more depending on hunger levels)
Small pummet of cherry tomatoes; sliced in half
Sea salt (we like Maldon Sea Salt)
A Handful of torn basil leaves
Chicken and Pesto Traybake
- Throw new potatoes into roasting dish with olive oil and sea salt and cook for approximately 12 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Par boil green beans until al dente, as in slightly crunchy. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut slits horizontally across the chicken breast about 3/4 of the way through, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Depending on the size of your chicken breast, you’re going to want around 6 slits per chicken breast.
- Stuff each cut with a slice of mozzarella cheese, half a slice of tomato and a basil leaf. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Cover each chicken breast with a generous spoonful of pesto.
- Take the potatoes out and turn them if necessary to ensure an even bake. Carefully place the chicken breasts next to the potatoes. Throw in a handful of cherry tomatoes.
- Ten minutes before the end of cooking time layer the green beans on top of the chicken and potatoes to cook through.
- Serve in one dish, giving each person a chicken breast and a mixture of the potatoes, tomatoes and green beans and yummy pesto sauce.