These are, we promise, chocolate chip cookies to die for. We would pretty much climb any mountain to get one of these (and believe us when we say that would be a thing.) Unctious, moist, delectably chewy and perfectly sweet, these simple cookies are best served straight from the oven whilst the chocolate chips are slightly oozing.
What You Need
- 150g softened unsalted butter
- 125g soft light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 300 grams flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 packet of milk chocolate chips (or more, more, more)
- (If you want to be different you can also add a smattering of sea salt but we like these as they are)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/325°F.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix the softened butter with both the sugars into a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Beat in the vanilla, the egg and egg yolk (cold if possible – see tip) until your mixture is light and creamy.
- Gently mix in the flour and bicarb soda until blended and then throw in the chocolate chips, mixing them through until spread evenly.
- Scoop the cookie dough into a nice spoonful ( we like to use an icecream scoop) and place onto the prepared baking tray going them plenty of space to spread.
- Bake for approx 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until they are golden brown and puffed up. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to mouth.
One great tip is to use fridge cold eggs to get that extra chewy texture so remember to pop a couple of eggs in the fridge at least an hour before baking.