Chocolate Easter Bark
This is not a recipe as such instead it is an indulgent chocolate compilation but we think you’ll agree that the result is rather impressive. All the family will love making and eating the delicious shards of chocolate perfection and it will also make a lovely hostess gift or a show stopping centrepiece for your Easter table.
Here’s how to make it.
- Melt a couple of bars of chocolate (Mix dark and milk chocolate so that the result is not too cloying). You can melt your chocolate traditionally in a bowl stood over a pan of boiling water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water and get too hot or it will split. You can also melt chocolate in the microwave but once again, to prevent the chocolate from splitting do not let it get too hot so only heat it for 30 seconds at a time before stirring.
- Melt a bar of white chocolate in the same vein but in a separate bowl.
- Line a baking tray with silicon or baking paper.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the tray. Add the white chocolate afterwards and using a toothpick or a kitchen knife make a pretty pattern swirling the dark and white chocolate together.
- Smash Mini-eggs in a bag (or other confectionery of choice) and sprinkle artfully over the chocolate base.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Break into shards of deliciousness.