You may not thank us for this recipe. Creme Egg Rocky Road is dangerously calorific and there is nothing remotely healthy about it. This is pure indulgent at its most indulgent. It is super sweet and incredibly rich but SO delicious you won’t look at Easter Eggs the same way ever again.
What You Need
- 4 bars of Milk Chocolate or 2 Milk and 2 Dark for a slightly less sweet treat
- 1/2 packet of chocolate digestives
- 1/3 packet of rich tea biscuits
- A generous helping of mini marshmallows
- A large handful of Sultanas or Raisins (or other dried fruit if you prefer)
- 2 packets of mini creme eggs (halved)
- 4 large cream eggs (halved)
- Firstly, pop the creme eggs in the freezer an hour or so before baking. (See tip)
- Line a small but deep baking tray (I used a square one 8 x 8 and about 1 inch deep).
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water or the chocolate may split.
- Snap the biscuits into smallish pieces and put aside.
- When the chocolate is melted, keep third back to decorate the top later.
- Add the biscuits including crumbs, sultanas and marshmallows to the rest and mix thoroughly.
- Pour half of this mixture into the prepared baking tin.
- Pop the cut creme eggs into the baking tray and then top with the other half of the mixture.
- Top with the remaining chocolate and add more creme eggs on top, pushing them down into the pan so they are level.
- Put the baking tray into the fridge for a few hours to set.
- Cut into small pieces 0f sweet joy.
Tip; Stick the creme eggs in the freezer before to make sure they don’t melt into the warm chocolate and keep their shape.