When it comes to Father’s Day, it’s the thought that truly counts. If your kids didn’t find inspiration in our Gifts For Fathers Day feature then here is a crafty idea that won’t cost you a penny. In fact you probably have everything you need to create these cheerful paperweights, in your crafts cupboard. Just throw an oil cloth on the table and let your kids get creative (and out of your hair for an hour!). And it’s the perfectly thoughtful gift for the Daddy who has everything.
What You’ll Need For Your Fathers Day Rocks
Rock or stone from the garden/beach
Selection of paints & brushes
Stickers or anything else to decorate it
How to make your paperweight
- Anything goes with these paperweights. Either go for a smooth oval stone or try a rugged one with texture and character.
- Use a thick black marker to help draw our rainbow lines and circles.
- Let your kids get creative with their very own designs.
- Use stickers, glitter, bobbles or anything they can think of to decorate their Fathers Day gift.
- Personalise it with a name and date.