We know you love our mini-bites section and so we’re always looking to find new quick and easy recipes for you. These bite sized bacon & Halloumi canapés won’t disappoint your guests this Christmas. It’s super quick and easy to make and tastes infinitely nicer than the shop bought party bites.
If you’re a fan of halloumi then you’re sure to love our crispy halloumi fries with spicy yogurt dip which is equally as more-ish!
What you need:
Makes 24 Halloumi & Bacon Canapes
- 250g block of halloumi
- 1 packet of streaky bacon
- Set the oven to 180 C
- Cut the halloumi into quarters, then halve this and cut approx 6-10 pieces of cheese – depending on how large you would like the bites.
- Cover a baking tray with a sheet of tin foil.
- Now cut each of the rashers in half (you only need half per bite).
- Wrap a piece of cheese in each slice of bacon (put the open end bottom down on the tray so it doesn’t unwrap)
- Bake for approx 15 mins. Because halloumi retains its shape during cooking there will be minimal melting (usually just a little liquid but the cheese won’t become oozy)
- To get a slightly crisper finish to the bacon, switch to full grill mode for approx 1-2 mins. You don’t want the bacon crisped to a cinder, just a slightly crunchy bite.