We are always on the search for family friendly food that takes minutes but feeds the oldest to the youngest with no complaints. This easy recipe for Chicken and Mango Curry is one such meal. The delight also being that this can be dressed up or down accordingly whether a kids tea or if you having a girlfriend for supper.
What You Need
- Chopped chicken breasts of thighs (1 breast or 2 chicken thighs per person)
- Glug of sesame oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tub of fresh mango, chopped (you can also use frozen but you will need it to thaw first)
- 1/2 tsp of ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 250ml of chicken stock (we like knorr fresh chicken stock cubes)
- 250ml of single cream
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 4 cups of thai rice
- Coriander to serve
This Chicken and Mango Curry is such an easy family friendly meal – perfect for a mid-week supper.
What To Do
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- On the hob, put the oil into a large pan until the chicken pieces are browned on the outside. Then add the chopped onion until soft and then place them with the chicken in a casserole dish.
- Stir the cinnamon, coriander into the chicken stock, simmer for 5 minutes and then pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- When its ready, take out the chicken pieces and keep warm.
- Turn up the heat on the hob and bring the liquid to the boil, let it reduce down and thicken, the turn down the heat and stir through the cream.
- Add the mango pieces to the frying pan, gently fry over a lower heat turning them carefully until softened.
- Pour over the chicken and keep warm.
- Put the rice on and cook as directed.
- Serve the chicken with the rice and a sprinkle of coriander.