This sausage and sweet potato traybake has to be one of the best family meals of all time – it’s all cooked in one tray, you can almost use whatever you have in the fridge or the cupboard and it doesn’t need any fussing over. The tomatoes turn into a delicious sauce and the whole thing is cooked in about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Voila. Supper is served.
Sausage and Sweet potato traybake
What You’ll Need
- Small Slug of Oil
- 8 Sausages
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large sweet potato
- Large Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 8 torn basil leaves
- Broccoli chopped into small pieces
What You Can Use
- Chopped Peppers
- Baby Potatoes
- Butternut Squash
- Red onions
What to Do
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C.
- Throw a pack of sausages in an ovenproof dish with a glut of olive oil and bake for 25 minutes until slightly browned.
- Chop the sweet potato into chunky chips and throw in with the sausages. Throw in the baby tomatoes, garlic, basil and the remaining ingredients apart from the broccoli (you can add this now but we prefer to cook it separately as per below)
- Toss together gently and put the tray back into the oven for another 1/2 an hour.
- Whilst its cooking you can blanch the broccoli in boiling water for a couple of minutes and throw on the top.
You can throw any vegetables in to the mix including red onions, peppers, large tomatoes, sweet potato, butternut squash and all kinds of herbs.This one, we think is the most suitable for kids – it is sweetly delicious but healthy too..