Sometimes you just want a light dessert with practically zero prep. Well this grilled pineapple option is to die for and tastes even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. What’s even better is that it can be thrown on the barbie whilst you’re enjoying your salad and sausages. The brown sugar and cinnamon glaze is sweet but light so even if you don’t have room left you’ll find it!
What you need
- 1 pineapple cut into wedges (or pre-cut wedges)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon (option)
- 110g butter
- 110g soft brown sugar
If you have any extra glaze drizzle it over the ice cream and pineapple
- Set your grill or bbq to a medium heat
- Cut your pineapple into wedges (see how to video)
- To make the sauce/glaze put the ingredients into a pan and gently heat until the sugar and butter have melted
- Brush all the wedges with the glaze & pop on the bbq. For ease of turning you can put them onto kebab skewers if it makes life easier
- Turn the grilled pineapples every few minutes and continue to brush them with the sauce
- Once cooked (about 7-10 mins), enjoy on their own, with cream or ice cream.