We’re sure we have all behaved inappropriately at a wedding or two in our time however there is behaving ‘inappropriately’ and behaving really badly. Being a chosen guest brings certain responsibilities and one of them is to try not to ruin the big day (quite important that one!). Now we’ve been to a fair few weddings between us and oh boy are their some stories to share….
Firstly though, just in case you’re invited to the Royal nuptials or any other wedding this summer, here are our top tips wedding etiquette and how not to behave at a wedding.
DO NOT GET DRUNK DRUNK
Obviously its the point of weddings to get totally tipsy and have a great time. That’s fine – just know your limits. Don’t get so drunk that you sit in the corner and cry, drink until you are sick in your clutch or eat the wedding cake to sober you up, before its even been cut. All of these are war stories are from the ranks of receptions (not us though – thank you!) and needless to say it never ended well. If you doubt your ability to hold your booze then have a tactical snack pre-wedding and keep a glass of water at hand.
TALES OF WEDDING SABOTAGE
From wardrobe malfunctions to family mishaps, here are some of the best of the worst.
- Ex-wife turning up night before wedding and begging groom to re-consider.
- Mother-in-law re-doing the gift list without the bride’s consent (yes really….)
- Vicar postponing the wedding because the Bride & Groom were laughing too much through their vows.
- The photographer forgetting to put a film in the camera.
- Wedding cake being eaten by greedy guests before it was cut.
- Bride or/and fainting at altar.
- The Father of the Bride getting the Groom’s name wrong.
- The Groom getting the BRIDE”S name wrong and saying his Ex…..(bet that didn’t last)
- Food poisoning at the reception.
- An elderly relative dying during the wedding (obviously this is not funny at all0 but def goes down as a day to remember.
BEST WEDDING FILMS
- FOUR WEDDINGS & A FUNERAL
- MURIAL’S WEDDING
- THE PHILADELPHIA STORY
- WEDDING CRASHERS
- SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS
- MY BEST FRIEND’S WEDDING
- MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING
- THE WEDDING PLANNER
- FATHER OF THE BRIDE
- BRIDE WARS
- MAMMA MIA
- 27 DRESSES
- THE PROPOSAL
- THE GRADUATE
- RUNAWAY BRIDE
- THE WEDDING SINGER
- RACHEL GETTING MARRIED
- MADE OF HONOUR
- THE HANGOVER (1, 2 & 3)
- PRINCESS BRIDE
- THE KNOT
- THE BACHELOR
- THE WEDDING DATE
- MONSTER IN LAW