Believe us when we say that this has been throughly tested in the Morello Life labatory (our kitchen) – clearly all in the name of science. We tried numerous chocolate bars to much amusement but the Mars Bar was the clear winner to create the ultimate gooey chocolate and caramel combination.
Mars Bar + Rice Crispies = perfect crispy cake (or bar) combo.
- 6 Mars Bars (they have definitely got a lot smaller so don’t feel too bad)
- 200g of butter
- 2 cups of Rice Crispy Cakes
- Large Bar of Milk Chocolate for melting
- Chop the Mars bars into chunks and melt with half of the butter in a pan.
- When thoroughly gooey and after a good stir, add the rice crispies ensuring they are all thoroughly coated but work fast as he mixture sets pretty fast.
- Pour into a greased, suitably sized tin (mine is 9 inches and I’m not boasting) and leave to cool.
- Melt chocolate and half the butter and pour on top, spreading evenly.
- Shove it into the fridge for 30 minutes until set and then cut into generous squares.
- For extra chocolatey drama then add a small slice of Mars Bar to each piece before cutting.