MINI EGG EASTER NESTS
This is a perfect Easter recipe for all kids, even really little ones, as it is super simple and easy. Children love making and eating them and they taste perfectly crunchy and delicious. Cornflakes and rice crispy cakes work well too but they are less ‘nest like’ – the shredded wheat looks much more like little twigs. They take less than 10 minutes to make and you can allow the kids to decorate them however you like with mini-eggs, little yellow chickens or any kind of sweeties.
- Excuse the very general quantities. (It depends how many you want to make – this should make about 12) You want a good balance between nest and eggs.
- 3 large handfuls of shredded wheat
- 2 bars of mixed milk and dark chocolate (one of each)
- 2 bars of mini-eggs
- Place the shredded wheat in a sealed freezer bag and gently bash with a rolling pin until properly ‘shredded’.
- Melt chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water. The water and bowl must not touch or the chocolate will get too hot and split. Stir chocolate whilst it is melting.
- Take off heat and add shredded wheat mix until every piece is covered in chocolate.
- Place a desert spoonful inch hole in a muffin tin, children can use their thumb to press down and make a nest like shape.
- Add a selection of coloured eggs.
- Pop into the fridge until set.