If you are stuck for a light bite but don’t want the calories these cute muffin tin pizza pops are perfect. We have used tortilla wraps for the base which is great as they crisp lightly in the oven giving the mini pizzas a nice bite. But if you want to be authentic and have time on your hands why not make your own pizza dough.
The toppings we went for were Hawaiian ham & pineapple, basil pesto & tomato, mixed peppers and good old tomato and cheese. But really it’s a great excuse to work with any leftover fridge or cupboard ingredients. Get creative and experiment. or check our topping inspiration list.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
12 hole muffin tin
A round cookie just slightly bigger than the base of muffin hole
Flour tortilla wraps (2 wraps per dozen pizza pops)
Tomato & basil sauce
Grated mozzarella cheese
Any other toppings you choose
| Ham & Pineapple | Peppers & Cheese | Pepperoni | Pesto & Goats Cheese | Manchego & Red Onions | Figs & Rosemary topped with cheese (no tomato sauce) | Sweet Potato & Red Onion | Chicken & Blue Cheese | Cooked Mushroom & Cheese | Sloppy Joes & Cheddar (leftover spaghetti bolognaise)|
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Set the oven to 180 fan.
- Using a cookie cutter cut out circles from the tortilla wrap. If the cookie cutter isn’t sharp enough use a knife to help.
- Pop the wraps into the muffin tin.
- Spread a teaspoon of tomato or pesto sauce onto the base of the wrap.
- Add a sprinkle of cheese.
- Place your toppings on and season. Add another layer of cheese on top.
- Put in the heated oven for approx 15 mins or until the cheese is golden brown. Keep an eye on them.
- Use a spoon to scoop the pizza pops out.