If you like melt in your mouth brownies, you are going to love these pistachio & chocolate slices. They truly are heaven on a stick! There isn’t anything complicated about the recipe and you can have a dozen slices made in 45 minutes flat. They went down surprisingly well with our kids too, although a few pistachios were needled out. Sacrilege! If you think this might be the case in your household then try whizzing the pistachios in the blender with the digestives.
The recipe calls for dark chocolate but we used leftover milk and dark chocolate from our Easter eggs. Either way just make sure to use good quality chocolate.
What You’ll Need
125g digestive biscuits (ground into crumbs)
75g desiccated coconut
90g melted butter
250ml condensed milk (can add more if you want it sweeter)
100g shelled pistachio nuts
200g dark chocolate
You will also need a standard swiss roll tin 9 x 13 inches (23x33cm)
Put your feet up and savour one of these melt in your mouth slices of deliciousness
Step by step
– Heat the oven to 180/160 fan
– Lightly grease tin and line with greaseproof paper.
– Whizz digestive biscuits in the blender until they are fine crumbs.
– Melt butter in a pan. Once melted take it off the heat.
– Add biscuits, pistachios (roughly broken) and coconut to the butter and mix.
– Add condensed milk and combine all the ingredients.
– Pour mix into prepared tin and flatten well.
– Bake for approx 25-30 mins or until lightly browned.
– Leave to cool before cutting into slices.
Store in and airtight container and eat within 2-3 days, although doubt they’ll make it past 24 hours!