Sometimes you just need a break from convention and this yummy yogurt bark does just that. It’s a great quick and easy breakfast alternative – or a snack for just about any time of the day. And when we say it’s quick, we really mean it’s quick. You can have this yogurt bark made and in the freezer in less than 5 minutes tops.
We recommend that you use full fat greek yogurt but you can use just about any yogurt flavour you want. It’s a great recipe to let the kids have fun with too. You can use any topping you like from granola and nuts to tinned fruit, honey, coconut or chocolate shavings. You can even mix up the yogurts and drizzle honey on top. Keep it fresh and change it up each time you make it!
Yogurt bark consistency is a bit like frozen yogurt but beware it does melt around the edges relatively quickly but we don’t think it’ll be around long enough for that to be a problem!
What you need
- Full fat greek yogurt
- Seasonal fruits – chopped
- Toppings: nuts, granola, coconut
- First things first. Choose a baking tray that will definitely fit in your freezer!
- Line the tray with parchment paper.
- Pour greek yogurt (or any flavour you are using) over the tray.
- Place your chopped fruit on top and sprinkle with any toppings (such as coconut, honey, nuts, granola)
- Pop in the freezer for 3+ hours.
- Before eating allow it to sit at room temperature for about 5 mins and then use your hands or a knife to break into shards.
- You can place uneaten shards in a bag or plastic box and put back in the freezer so long as it hasn’t been left out for too long.