If you love the idea of baking with your kids but not the reality of the mess and prep then these squishy marshmallow treats are made for you. Requiring little or no help on your part, your children can lose themselves creating their own marshmallow nirvana. Whats more, they are quick and simple to make and are perfect for kids parties or as an impressive picnic treat.
What You’ll Need
- 1 packet of medium sized marshmallows (although the mega sized ones would work too and are great for bbq roasting)
- Milk /plain /white chocolate (100g bar)
- Toppings: Smarties, M&Ms, sprinkles, popping candy or anything in your baking cupboard really
- Mini paper cake cases like these ones
- Cocktail sticks or wooden skewers are helpful
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water
- Place all the toppings into individual mini bowls
- To avoid your fingers getting too chocolatey (although that’s hardly a complaint now that we think about it…) stick a cocktail stick into the wider end of the marshmallow.
- Dip the marshmallow into the chocolate & then sprinkle whatever toppings you like on.
- Leave in mini muffin case to set.