If you are someone who needs a bit of sweetness & saltiness in your salad then this is the perfect salad for you. It is incredibly fast to put together as you just layer the ingredients on top of one another. The beetroot gives it a lovely fresh sweetness and the roasted pine nuts together with the pomengrantes give it a nice bite. This recipe will work well with any leafy green.
What You’ll Need
Two handfuls Italian leaf salad
Two handfuls spinach leaves
1-2 tablespoons beetroot salad (Waitrose do a great one)
1 tablespoon roasted pine nuts
1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
How to make it
- Start off by making your Balsamic vinaigrette dressing (this recipe makes approx 1 cup). All you need to do is combine all the ingredients in a jar and shake until mixed. Let the mixture sit for about 30 mins to infuse the flavours before using.
- Meanwhile by toasting the pine nuts you help bring out their natural oils. Just pop them in a frying pan without any oil and allow them to toast for about 30 seconds before flipping them. Continue this process until you have an even brown toasted colour. They can burn in a second so watch them carefully.
- Layer the leafy greens, feta, beetroot, pomegranate seeds on top of each other. Sprinkle with pine nuts and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Serve with warm crusty bread and Summer sunshine.