Everyone likes a lollipop. These fun little cheesy numbers are a great talking point for a drinks party or as part of a starter. They have 3 things going for them. Firstly, they always go down a real treat, secondly everyone will think you are a creative genius and finally they literally take under 10 minutes to make. Always a plus in our eyes.
What You’ll Need
- Lollipop sticks (we like the white pop stick ones)
- A cook’s metal ring for shaping
- Parmesan – the real thing. (interestingly cheaper cheeses don’t work as well)
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Place the cook’s ring on a lined baking tray and sprinkle parmesan into the middle.
- Remove ring and re-use.
- You should be able to fit three or four on a tray at a time.
- Place lollipop stick into the middle of the parmesan circle and then add a little extra cheese onto the stick in the circle to ensure the lollipop stick is secure when baked.
- Bake for approx 7-9-mins until golden.
- Let them harden before releasing them from the baking tray.
- Da – dah!
These will go soggy if you put them anywhere too warm.
If you make them in advance then you can crisp them up in 2 minutes in a hot oven before serving.