We’ve got news for Shirley Conran who famously quoted that life is too short to stuff a mushroom. Simply not true.
This stuffed mushroom recipe is sooo simple and sooo scrumptious, you can do this in 5 minutes, standing on your head whilst putting the Christmas lights up.
What You Need
- 1 x Large Portobello Mushroom per person (Outer layer peeled if possible but not necessarily)
- Cream cheese
- Minced garlic (quantity to taste but maybe two teaspoons to serve 8)
- Handful of toasted bread crumbs
- Grated Parmesan (although you can use any hard cheese)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Salad leaves to serve/or a lovely juicy bun for a mushroom sandwich….
- If you prefer, peel the outside layer off.
- Mix the cream cheese and garlic and breadcrumbs and place in the middle of the mushroom cap.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with a light layer of breadcrumbs and the parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 180C for approx 10 minutes until the mushroom is soft and the topping is browned.
- Serve on a bed of salad leaves.
Life is NOT to short to stuff a Mushroom.