What you need
Here are the basic Ingredients – then select the Add On’s from the recipes below
- 3 ripe bananas (for all recipes)
- 450g gluten free oats (normal oats are fine too)
- 1 cup almond milk (or any other dairy free milk)
- 1 dessertspoon milled flaxseed (we love this Linwoods range)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Handfull raisins (optional)
Tip: these kids breakfast cookies don’t spread in the oven so they will bake exactly as you spoon them onto the baking tray
Raspberry & Coconut – basic ingredients +
- 110g dried coconut
- About a dozen big juicy raspberries
Peanut Butter & Banana – basic ingredients +
- 125g smooth or crunchy peanut butter (we didn’t add chocolate chips but it’s an option if you need more sweetness)
Carrot & Apple – basic ingredients +
- 1 large carrot grated
- medium sized apple peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Blueberry & Raisin – basic ingredients +
- handful of fresh blueberries (approx 100g)
- handful of raisins
- pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Mash the ripe bananas and mix in the oats and milk.
- Now add the flax seeds mix (or any other ground or small seeds such as chia) and the vanilla extract.
- Throw in the add-ons from your chosen recipe and mix well.
- Spoon your individual cookies onto a tray lined with grease proof paper. The cookies won’t spread in the oven so spoon them to the desired size. You should get a dozen standard size from this recipe.
- Bake them for approx 15 mins or until they brown. Then flip them over and bake for a further 10 mins on the other side.