There is chocolate mousse and there is Toblerone mousse. The first time we tasted this we couldn’t quite work out why this chocolate mousse was so, so light and delicious. When we realised that the tiny little nuggets of nougat hiding in its chocolate silk were the result of a Toblerone melted into chocolate lava and whipped delicately with eggs and whipped cream, we hunted down the hostess and held her down until she gave us the recipe. Sorry about that Emma.
This is so tasty that everyone will ask you for the recipe too ( point them here for the first port of call pretty please). We like to serve these in little coffee cups and they can also have a swirl of cream on top. They are lovely served with fresh raspberries and if you can be bothered a biscuit but it is also pretty perfect all on its own.
What You Need
Tip: This might ruin all other chocolate recipes for you for ever.
For the Mousse
- 1 x 360g Toblerone (large)
- 6 tablespoons of cold water
- 300ml of whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- Chocolate flake to decorate
- Fresh Cream and Raspberries
What to Do.
- Melt the Toblerone in the microwave 1 minute at a time or in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir the chocolate until it is all fully melted and shiny.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Separate your eggs into yolks and whites.
- Whisk your egg whites in a clean bowl until whipped up into soft white peaks.
- Stir in your egg yolks.
- Whip the cream until it triples in size.
- Fold the cream and the egg whites into the chocolate mixture ensuring that it is all thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon into your chosen serving dish (we like little coffee cups or glasses) and refrigerate until set (at least a couple of hours but overnight is best).
- Serve with extra whipped cream and fresh raspberries or with a sprinkle of chocolate on top.