As homemade gifts go, these white chocolate & cranberry cookies will not disappoint! Perfect for a teachers gift or as a token for a friend. Take a little time to artfully layer the festive ingredients, tie with a pretty ribbon & you are good to go. This is also a great recipe to use as a basis for any cookie so print it off and keep it to hand. The best part about these is that they have a lovely crunchy snap on the outside and are perfectly chewy towards the middle. Mary Berry would be proud.
What You’ll Need
80g plain flour
60g dried cranberries
30g porridge oats
½ teaspoon baking powder
1/3 teaspoon salt
60g white chocolate (chips or we broke up Green & Black squares)
60-70g crunched pecans
50g light brown sugar
50g caster sugar
Method (if preparing as a gift)
Layer the dry ingredients any way you prefer or follow this guide:
Half the flour (with baking powder / salt)
the second half of flour
pecans and lastly the white chocolate.
Method (for the person receiving the gift)
They will need the following:
85g softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pre heat oven to 350F, 170 conventional, 160 fan
- Mix the softened butter, add the egg & vanilla essence until combined (can do this by hand).
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until it comes together. It’s a squidgy sticky cookie mixture.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and divide mixture into even cookies. (A heaped teaspoon is a perfect cookie size)
- Be careful to give each cookie plenty of space as they spread in the oven. If necessary cook in separate batches.
- Bake for 8-10 mins or until golden brown (they will be a bit browner around the outside which is perfect).
- Makes approx 20 cookies
If you are a Morello Life subscriber and would like the artwork for the jar lids just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org